To Get Started
- Go to Setup > Manage Programs
- Select Prizes. Start by setting up prizes and certificates. Remember to include any instructions with prizes that you want patrons to receive via email. For example, if prizes are available "while supplies last," or for a particular period of time, make a note of that. Go back to Manage Programs.
- Select Review Badges. Set up badges with review milestones. Start by selecting Add a Badge and clicking on the badge image you want to use. Select the number of reviews required in order to achieve a badge. If a badge is only achievable within a period of time within your program, select start and end counting dates. If not, you may leave those blank, as badges default to the dates of your program. Click Save. Add any additional review badges you want to include.
- Select Reading Badges. Set up badges with reading or learning milestones. Remember that a "sign-up" badge is the equivalent of "0" minutes/books/days of reading. Start by selecting Add a Badge and clicking on the badge image you want to use. You will want to set up badges according to the logging type your library uses. Examples include minutes, books, learning moments. While setting up badges, you will also attach any prizes that should be earned in conjunction with a badge. If a badge is only achievable within a period of time within your program, select start and end counting dates. If not, you may leave those blank, as badges default to the dates of your program.
- Go back to Manage Programs. Remember that badges for Learning Tracks are also included in programs. You will not find these on the Badges page. Rather, these badges are assigned to learning tracks when you create them, as are any prizes associated with them.
- Select Programs. Select Add a Program. Include the name of the program, relevant ages. Then, click all of the badges that should be associated with the program, both reading and learning track badges. You will know a badge has been selected because there is now a green check on top of the badge.
- If you choose Save As a Draft, the program will only be visible to other library administrators. If you choose Save, then it will appear to patrons eligible for the program. If a program has not yet started, patrons will be able to pre-register for the program, but any logged reading or activities will not count toward the program until it begins.