Note: See Administrative Setup Guide for more detailed instructions
PRE-WORK: LOG TYPES
Get There -- Setup > Choose Log Types
- For which logging actions do you want a person to be able to earn points? For all those log types that you want to be active, click the empty checkbox next to the type to activate.
SET UP POINT INCREMENTS
Get There -- Setup > Manage Points System > Points Actions
- Actions to Set Activity Points--
- Select the “edit” icon for Activities.
- Update the number of points a person should earn upon completion of an activity.
- Actions to Set Logging Points--
- Choose the active log type for which you want to reward points.
- Select the “edit” icon for this log type.
- Determine the Goal for this log type.
- Determine the Points for having achieved the goal.
- Repeat for all log types for which you want to reward points.
CREATE A PROGRAM
Get There -- Setup > Manage Programs > Create a Program
- Click on the “Create a Program” button
- Select the ways in which you want to award badges and/or prizes for your program. Be sure to select “Points” as your preferred type!
- Enter basic information and imagery about your program
- Staff Only or For Patrons/Customers: Is this program intended to be only for those with staff level access? If so, select “yes,” only for staff members. This is a setting you may change later.
Set Up Program Level Badges:
- Registration Badge and Prize: Do you want to include a registration badge? This is recommended for all programs. If so, select “Add a Badge.” From there, click on the badge you want to “pop up” upon registration for a reader. Once you select the badge, the ability to add a prize will also become available. You may select an existing reward on your site or create a new reward.
- Set up Rewards: Once you add a reward, it will be available to use for other programs as well. Keep in mind that the “Instructions for recipients” will appear with a badge when it is earned, will remain on the reader’s dashboard, and will also go to their email as a notification. For example, you may want to indicate a “pick up by” date for a prize in the instructions.
- Completion Badge and Reward: Is there a reward available for having completed the whole program? If so, add the badge and reward here.
- Points Badges: If you want to re-use existing points badges and their associated prizes, you may do that by selecting Add Badges. If you want to create a new points badge, you will select Create a Points Badge.
- Click on the image that you want to use.
- Select “Goal” and enter in the appropriate number. How many points does someone have to earn all together in order to earn this badge?
- Repeat until you have added all points badges that you want for a program.
- Activity Badges (aka Learning Tracks): To include activities as a part of your program, select “Create an Activity Badge.” Activities in Beanstack are managed through what we call learning tracks. You may set up one or a series of activities in a “track,” and then require that all or a subset of them be complete.
- Enter a title and a short description.
- Select the badge that will be earned when this learning track is complete.
- Select the parameters for this activity badge/learning track.
- Optional: Add a reward for completing this track.
- Once the “shell” of the track is saved, you may add activities.
- Description: What is the activity/action required? For example, “Attend an event at the library.”
- Link title will be the text that is hyperlinked should you want to include a link.
- Link URL is the link to which you may send someone for further information
- Add individual activities.
- Set Completion Requirements: Determine how many and/or which badges are required to complete a program.
SAVE YOUR PROGRAM!
- Draft -- Save as a draft if you do not want this program to be visible to any patrons or staff members.
- Published -- Once you save a program in a “published” state, it is live on your site. Even if the start date for the program is in the future, if the program is published, it would then be available for pre-registration.