2023 Beanstack Summer Reading Challenge [Sponsored]: Launch Kit for Schools
All schools are opted in to the summer reading challenge. If you do not want to participate, please fill out this form. You must also set up your challenge according to the guidelines below.
The Beanstack Summer Reading Challenge runs from June 1 to July 31, 2023. You are welcome to run your challenge prior to June and longer into the summer if you choose, but only reading logged from June 1 to July 31 counts toward prizes.
Your challenge name must include “Beanstack Summer Reading.”
Set up your reading challenges with books, minutes, or pages logging badges.
The summer challenge includes 12 minutes logging badges, plus registration and completion badges. If you’d like to create your own activity badges, we have you covered with additional badge images. As always, you can customize our badges, but we recommend keeping all badges included in the challenge to encourage participation and engagement!
All 2023 Beanstack Summer Reading Challenge badges are available in the “Beanstack Summer Reading 2023” and "Beanstack Summer Reading 2023 - No Words" badge groups within your Beanstack site's challenge setup section.
We’ll activate the challenge on your site and enroll all of your students by May 1.
- Want proven challenge tips and engagement strategies from our summer reading data? Download the 2021 Summer Reading Report. Its findings are based on data and surveys from public libraries, but are still incredibly valuable for school communities.
- Want to help drive participation with activities? Read this article.
- Need ideas on how to promote your challenge once it’s set up? Check out this post.
- Want your students to use the Beanstack app? Us too! Share this mobile app postcard!
We're awarding cash prizes to top schools and libraries!
- Grand Prize: $1,000 (one school or library)
- Second Place: $500 (five schools or libraries)
- Third Place: $250 (15 schools or libraries)
- Honorable Mentions: $100 (30 schools or libraries)
We determine winners based on multiple factors, including:
- Active participation: Percent of those enrolled who participate and general active participation throughout the challenge (depth of participation).
- Absolute numbers: Total minutes and/or books logged in relation to total participants.
- Community sharing: We appreciate you spreading the love of reading with your school community—virtually and at school or the library! Posting about #BeanstackSummer23 on social media will give you a boost!
Newsletter Blurb Template
From June 1 to July 31, [insert school name] will participate in the 2023 Summer Reading Challenge sponsored by Beanstack. We challenge our students to read at least [insert goal] during the challenge and keep track of their reading on our Beanstack site at [yoursite.beanstack.org or insert directions for logging in at your school].
We're competing against schools and libraries across the nation for a chance to win cash prizes from Beanstack. Happy reading, [insert community name]!
Social Media and Hashtags
Please encourage the use of the hashtag #BeanstackSummer23. Additionally, you are more likely to get retweets, reposts, and comments by tagging us in your posts.
We created marketing templates that you can use for your summer challenge, including social media sharing images and flyers. Download the materials here.
If you have additional questions, please open a ticket at beanstack.com/support.