Once your local library and school or school district set up tandems, students and teachers can link their school profiles to their library profiles so that all logged reading counts toward both.
Linking profiles can only be done from the student or reader side on the web. If a student or teacher needs help, here's a short video showing the linking process for a student. You can also log in to their account with them and follow the steps below.
How to link accounts
- After the tandem connection is live on your site, a banner appears across all readers' homepages with a "Link Profile" button. Another "Link Profile" option appears within the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Clicking "Link Profile" takes you to a screen to select your local library and begin the linking process.
- Either sign in to your existing library account or create a new account, which automatically uses your school profile information and login information to register you on the library site.
- If you sign in to an existing library account with multiple readers on it, you're prompted to select the accurate reader.
- Clicking "Link Profiles" or "Confirm Account" creates and/or links the profiles.
How linked accounts work
Once profiles are linked, a “Switch” link appears in the top right corner of the screen on both the library and school sites. Clicking “Switch” takes you to the other linked site.
You can also view challenges from both sites on either site's “Challenges” homepage. Clicking on a challenge will take you to the respective library or school site that is hosting that challenge.
Once the accounts are linked, any reading logged on either account will be added to both profiles' reading logs and will count toward badges and applicable challenges on both sites. Past reading is not added retroactively to the linked profiles.