The Account Creator is whoever initially signed up and created a Beanstack account. A Reader is the person participating in your program, for whom reading or activities are being logged. Accounts can have multiple readers attached. The account creator and reader could also be the same person, for example if an adult or teen signs up to participate in a program.
Sometimes a reader may need to be transferred from one account to another. When you transfer a reader from one account to another, that reader's entire profile moves into the new account and is removed from the original account. This is an action that can only be completed by library staff and cannot be done directly by the patron.
To Get Started
- Click on People > Find a Person.
- Type in the either the reader’s information, or the information for the account that they are currently attached to, then click Search.
- Click on the Reader who you wish to transfer. Then, click on Transfer Reader.
- Enter the email address of the account creator to whom you’d like to transfer the reader.
- The account will auto populate below so that you can select the correct account. Then click Save.
- A prompt will pop up asking if you’re sure you’d like to transfer the reader. If you do not wish to, click cancel. To go through with the transfer, click Ok.