The Account Creator is whoever initially signed up and created a Beanstack account. A Reader is the person participating in your program, for whom reading or activities are being logged. Accounts can have multiple readers attached. The account creator and reader could also be the same person, for example if an adult or teen signs up to participate in a program.
Sometimes an account creator may want to share one of his/her readers with another account creator. For example, a teacher may want to share a student's reader page with a parent. Or, a parent may want to share a reader's profile with another caregiver. In these cases, the reader is shared, meaning both account creators may take actions on the reader's profile, and are able to edit/update it collaboratively.
Sharing a reader is an action that may only be taken by a patron. This tutorial will help you walk a patron through how to take this action.
To Get Started
- Go to the reader's page who you want to share
- Click on the reader's name in the upper right corner. Select Edit Reader.
- Scroll down to "Share this reader"
- Enter the email address of the person(s) with whom you want to share the reader.
- Click Send.
- This person will receive a message that the account creator wants to share this reader with him/her. They will be prompted to add their own account (if they do not have on), or enter a code to add this reader to an existing account.