To create a new staff or administrative account, you will follow the same steps as adding a patron account. Patron and staff accounts differ in their “Role” or access level.
Note that registration fields may differ depending on your library's specific requirements.
Follow the instructions below to create a new staff or administrative account:
- Log in to the administrative side of your site.
- Go to People > Add an Account Creator and Reader.
- Enter account information.
Note that if you are creating an account for a branch or staff in general, and not an individual, we recommend names like “Main Branch” or “Staff Access.” Multiple people may be logged into a staff account at one time, however, we recommend creating one staff login per branch.
- Select the appropriate role for the new staff or administrative account you are creating.
- Select “yes” to the first question, “Is this person registering as a reader?” and select “No” in answer to “Are you also registering other family member's on this person's account?”
You must include all required information for the site. Even though questions like “Age” and “School” may not apply to staff accounts, if the question is required, you must complete the field.
- Select “Create Account.”
Note that the default password is beanstack. If you want to change the password, go to People > Find a Person. Then, search for the account and click “edit” next to the account creator name. From there, enter the new password and save. If you need more information on how to change the password for a reader follow the steps in this article.