Book lists (reading lists) are a great way to recommend several books to specific age groups all at once! They can be based on a specific topic, theme, or grade level. The steps below are to create a book list within Beanstack. Instructions to link to an existing list on a separate site can be found here.
Follow the instructions below to create book list in Beanstack:
- Log in to your admin dashboard.
- Go to Content > Book Lists.
- Click Create a Book List.
- Type in a title and short description of the list.
- Select all relevant grade levels (hold down ctrl/command key to select multiple).
- Select any relevant genres (hold down ctrl/command key to select multiple).
- Optional: Enter relevant keywords.
- Select Create.
To add books to your book list:
- Select Add a Book to this List.
- Enter the title and author.
- Continue adding as many books as you'd like!
- Display the list on your site by going to the Created by Us tab.
- Click the empty checkbox next to the list title to display the list.
- Now this list will display on readers’ Recommendations tab within their dashboard.
If your catalog has been integrated with your Beanstack site as part of our Premium service level, all of these books will automatically link directly to your library’s catalog. Keep in mind that it does take some time for any missing book covers to populate. If books covers are still missing or appearing incorrectly after a few days, please open a ticket and include the book title and correct book cover art image, if possible.
Remember to be very careful when entering titles and authors so they appear as they do within your library catalog. Do not add a series like “Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series.” Rather, add specific books and their authors. It is okay if a book does not auto-populate. Add it anyway!