If your library site enables group registration, community members can register a group of readers to participate in your challenges through a single login. Group accounts allow an account creator to log for five or more readers of the same age/grade all at one time or to log for readers of different ages individually, all through the same account. This can be especially handy for daycares, summer camps, and other group settings.
Group accounts are different from individual or family accounts, as readers on group accounts cannot log in individually and track their own reading. Groups cannot be added to existing individual or family accounts, but must be set up as their own group account.
Follow the instructions below to help readers create their own group account on your site!
- On your Beanstack landing page, select “Register a Class or Group.”
- Decide whether you want to log reading for the group “All at One Time” or “Individually.”
All at One Time: Reading and activities are logged for the group all at once, and everyone earns badges and incentives at the same time. Readers must all be the same age. This is the most common and least time-intensive selection.
Individually: Reading and activities are logged for each reader individually, and they'll earn badges and incentives at different times. Individual readers' ages can be edited after the group is created.
- Next, enter the basic information for the group (name, age, grade, etc). Keep in mind that the options here will vary depending on your site's optional and required registration question preferences.
- Then, enter the group leader's own information as the account creator to use to log in and access the account.
- Once you click “Register Group,” you'll see any available challenges and then be taken directly to the group reader view.