Once your site's administrator has enabled Permit Group Registration as a setting on your site (within Setup > Site Settings), readers can register a class or group to participate in your challenges through a single login. Keep in mind that group accounts are different from individual or family accounts, and readers on group accounts cannot login individually and track their own reading.
Follow the instructions below to help readers create their own group account on your site.
- On your Beanstack landing page, instruct the group leader to select “Register a Class or Group.”
- The group leader must decide whether they want to register the group “All at One Time” or “Individually.”
All at One Time: Reading and activities will be logged for the group all at once, and everyone will earn badges and incentives at the same time.
Individually: Reading and activities will be logged for each reader individually, and they'll earn badges and incentives at different times.
- Next, the group leader will enter the basic information for their group (name, age, grade, etc). Keep in mind that the options here will vary depending on your site's optional and required registration question preferences.
- Then, they will enter their own information as an Account Creator. This will be used to log in and access the account.
- Once the group leader selects “Register Group,” they will be shown any available challenges and then be taken directly to the group reader view.