Follow the instructions below to setup a drawing using Beanstack:
- Log in to your admin dashboard.
- Go to Set Up > Manage Drawings. Here you can view all of the drawings set up on your site and edit them as needed by clicking the pencil icon or delete them by clicking the bucket icon.
- Select Create a Drawing.
- Enter the following information:
- Name: Enter a unique drawing name.
- Description: Enter a short description. This will only be seen by administrators and staff.
- Drawing Type: Select from the dropdown of different drawing types to determine how readers will qualify for the drawing (i.e. total number of books read)
- All Profiles will draw from all readers on your site.
- Book Reviews will draw from all readers who have written book reviews.
- Earned Badge will draw from all readers who have earned a specific selected badge or earned one badge in a group of specific selected badges.
- Minimum Earned Badges will draw from all readers who have earned a specific number of badges from among all badge types.
- Ticket Drawing will draw from readers who have deposited tickets toward specific prize options.
- Total Books/Days/Minutes/Pages Read will draw from readers who have logged a specific number of those logging units.
- Total Points Earned will draw from readers who have earned a specific number of points.
- Minimum to Qualify: What is the minimum number of minutes/books/badges required to qualify (does not apply to all drawings)?
- Start and End Date: Select the dates at the beginning and the end of the period when the reading should have been logged, activity completed, points earned, or badge earned? Note that if someone enters their reading on August 1, but inputs the logged date as July 15, then the date "counted" would be July 15.
- Is the drawing weighted?: Will each badge earned or unit read give the reader an additional entry? If so, select yes.
- Winner Type: Choose whether there are Equal Winners or if there is Ordered Placement, i.e., if there are 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place winners.
- This drawing is available to people based on ... : Select Age or Grade depending on how you would like to restrict qualifying readers. Then enter the minimum and maximum ages or grades.
- Library Branch: Select a specific branch or choose all branches. Remember that if branch is not required for a challenge or registration, some people may not have entered that information and would therefore be left out of the drawing.
- Challenge: In what challenge(s) should the qualifying readers be enrolled? You may select more than one challenge by holding down the command or control key.
- Number of Winners: Select how many overall winners should there be?
- Click Create.
When you're ready to run your drawing, click on the name of the drawing you created.
To run the drawing, just click Determine Winner and the winner(s) will display on the page. You can also re-run or edit the drawing if necessary.
DEEP DIVE INTO DRAWINGS FROM BEANSTACK EDU: