Surveys can be helpful tools to gather user information when they initially sign up, or feedback after they have used the service for a specific time period.
Beanstack surveys are basic in functionality. If you want to send out a survey on a specific date or ask questions that have logic or go beyond multiple choice, we recommend using a secondary service (our favorite is SurveyMonkey) to gather patron responses.
Using a Secondary Service
Here are some ways you can use Beanstack to gather this data if you choose to set up the survey elsewhere:
- Include a link to the survey within an announcement you set up to go to people in their weekly/bi-weekly email recommendations.
- Include a link to the survey in your program description.
- Export a “reader report” for all readers associated with a particular program. Copy/paste those emails and send a message with your survey to those folks on your email provider (like Constant Contact).
- Create a learning track that is called “End of Summer Survey,” and link to your survey. People will be on the honor system, and may mark as complete when done.
If you still want to use Beanstack to create a survey, then you will take the following steps:
- Login to your admin dashboard.
- Go to Setup > Manage Surveys.
- Select Create a Survey.
- Enter the title and any additional text or information you want to include.
- Select when you would like the user to take the survey.
- Add questions and answer options. You can add as many questions and answers as needed. Questions are all multiple choice in format, so be sure to include possible answers, too!
- Scroll to the top of the page and click on the gray button so that it now is green and says Active.