We recommend that you strongly encourage your participants to register for Beanstack through the reader experience, as there is a strong correlation between participation and having signed oneself up. That said, we know sometimes you have to add someone from the administrative tools.
This article will show you how to create a new account and accompanying reader(s). However, if you know the person to already have an account, please reference the article on how to register existing patrons for programs on your site.
Note that registration fields may vary based on your library's specific requirements!
Follow the steps below to register a patron (customer) in the administrative tools:
1. Go to People > Find a Person
2. Search for the person to be sure they do not have an existing account. If they do not, click on "Didn't find the right person? Add and Account." link.
3. Enter their name and basic login information.
4. Enter account information.
You must enter all required fields, marked with an * for the account. Remember, the account creator is the person who will be logging in. If you are signing up an 8-year-old, and the child's parent is with them, then be sure to use the parent or guardian's information in these fields.
5. Is this person registering to participate? For example, if it is an adult, is the adult registering to participate, too? If so, select "yes" to the question "Is this person registering as a reader," and the finish completing that information.
6. Is this person registering readers other than themselves on the account? If so, answer yes to the question "Are you also registering other family members on this person's account?" and add reader information. Select "add reader" and then continue to add as many readers as needed to be on the account.
7. Select "Create Account"
Note that the default password is beanstack. If you want to change the password, you will go to People > Find a Person. Then, search for the account that you just created and click "edit" next to the account creator name. From there, type in the new password two times and save. If you need more information on how to change the password for a reader follow the steps in this article.