We strongly recommend that you encourage your participants to register for Beanstack through the reader experience, as there is a strong correlation between participation and having signed oneself up. That said, we know sometimes you have to add someone from the administrative view.
This article will show you how to create a new account and accompanying reader profiles. However, if you know the person already has an account, please reference this article on how to register existing patrons for programs on your site.
Note that registration fields may vary based on your library's specific requirements!
Follow the instructions below to register a patron (customer) in the administrative tools:
- Go to People > Find a Person
- Search for the person to be sure they do not have an existing account. If they do not, click "Didn't find the right person? Add and Account." link.
- Enter their name and account information. You must enter all required fields, marked with an * for the account. Remember, the account creator is the person who will be logging in. If you are signing up an 8-year-old, and the child's parent is with them, then be sure to use the parent or guardian's information in these fields.
- Is this person registering to participate? For example, if it is an adult, is the adult registering to participate, too? If so, select "yes" to the question "Is this person registering as a reader," and the finish completing that information.
- Is this person registering readers other than themselves on the account? If so, click Yes, and repeat steps from step 5 and repeat for until all reader profiles are created. When finished, click Create Account.
Note: The default password is beanstack. If you want to change the password, you will go to People > Find a Person. Then, search for the account that you just created and click "edit" next to the account creator name. From there, type in the new password two times and save. If you need more information on how to change the password for a reader follow the steps in this article.