We recommend encouraging your participants to register for Beanstack themselves, as there is a strong correlation between participation and having registered oneself. That said, we know sometimes you have to add someone from the administrative view.
This article will show you how to create a new account and any accompanying reader profiles. If you know the person already has an account, however, please reference this article on how to register existing patrons for challenges on your site.
Note: Registration fields may vary based on your library's specific requirements!
Follow the instructions below to register a patron when logged in as a library administrator:
- Go to People > Find a Person
- Search for the person to be sure they do not have an existing account. If they do not, click "Didn't find the right person? Add and Account."
- Enter their name and account information. You must enter all required fields, which are marked with *, for the account. Remember, the account creator is the person who will be logging in. If you are signing up an 8-year-old and the child's parent is with them, then be sure to use the parent or guardian's information in these fields.
- Is this person registering to participate? For example, if it is an adult, is the adult registering to participate, too? If so, select Yes to the question, "Is this person registering as a reader?" and then finish completing their reader information.
- Is this person registering readers other than themselves on the account? If so, click Yes, enter all required reader information, and repeat until all reader profiles are created. When finished, click Create Account.
Note: The default password is beanstack. If you want to change the password, you will go to People > Find a Person. Then, search for the account that you just created and click "edit" next to the account creator's name. From there, type in the new password two times and save. If you need more information on how to change the password for a reader, follow the steps in this article.