If you notice that an account creator is in your site multiple times, you will want to:
- Open up both account creator pages in separate tabs or windows.
- Click on the readers to see which account has the majority of the reading and/or history.
- Confirm with the participant that they know the details for the account with the most details (username) and offer to reset their password if needed.
- If needed, transfer logged reading. It may not be necessary to transfer specific titles or sessions. You can batch log what may be missing in the account if needed.
- Ask someone with branch administrator status to delete the account that you do not wish to keep in the system.
Please note that even if there are duplicates in the system, typically only one of the accounts has readers enrolled in the current programs. For example, let's take Mrs. Robinson. She has two kids who were enrolled in summer reading last year. This summer, she creates a new account rather than logging in with her existing account. Only the readers attached to her new account will count as being enrolled in this year's program.