We recommend that you strongly encourage your participants to register for Beanstack through the reader experience view, as there is a strong correlation between participation and having signed oneself up. That said, we know sometimes you have to add someone from the administrative tools.
This article will show you how to create a new account for a group. Remember that a group is not a family. Families should sign up on one account with multiple readers, but they are not considered a group. Groups are typically daycares and camps.
To Get Started
- Select on People > Add an Account Creator and Reader
- Enter the group leader's name and information in the "Account Creator" field
- Select A Group in answer to the question, “Who is this Account for?”
- Enter information. You must enter all required fields, marked with an * for the account. Remember, the account creator is the person who will be logging in. If you are signing up an 8 year-old, and the child's parent is with them, then be sure to use the parent or guardian's information in these fields.
- Determine if the group wants to register the class “at one time” or “individually.” At one time means they may have 15 people in the group, but when they log, it’s like logging for one person (although it “counts” on reports for 15). On the other hand, individual means you may personalize and log for individual kids in your group. “At one time” is usually the most popular option.
- Select the “defaults” for their group. These default selections will be assigned to all readers associated with the group. For those logging “individually,” they will be able to update defaults per reader later.
- Select Create Account, and done!
Note that the default password is beanstack. If you want to change the password, you will go to People > Find a Person. Then, search for the account that you just created and click ""edit"" next to the account creator name. From there, type in the new password two times and save.
Don't see what you need?
Submit a ticket to our support team.