We strongly recommend that you encourage your patrons to register for Beanstack through the reader experience view, as there is a strong correlation between participation and registering oneself. That said, we know sometimes you have to add someone from the administrative tools.
This article will show you how to create a new account for a group. Remember that a group is not a family. Families should sign up on one account with multiple readers; they are not considered a group. Groups are typically daycares and camps.
Follow the instructions below to register a group:
- Login in to the Administrative view and select People > Add an Account Creator and Reader.
- Enter the group leader's name and information in the Basic Info section. You must populate all required fields, marked with an * for the account. Remember, the account creator is the person who will be logging in.
- In answer to “Who is this Account for?”, select "A Group".
- Determine if the group wants to log and complete activities for the group “ All at one time” or “Individually.” "All at one time" means the account creator will log the same reading and activities for the group all at once and the entire group will earn badges and incentives at the same time. "Individually" means that the account creator intends to log reading for each reader individually and each reader will earn badges and incentives at different times.
- In the "Group Info" section, populate the fields with the group information. These default selections will be assigned to all readers associated with the group. For those logging “individually,” they will be able to update defaults per reader later.
- Select Create Account, and done!
Note that the default password is beanstack. If you want to change the password, go to People > Find a Person. Then, search for the account that you just created and click "edit" next to the account creator name. From there, enter the new password and save.