Follow the instructions below to make a challenge available for pre-registration.
- Login to the administrative side of your site.
- Go to Setup > Manage Challenges.
- Select the desired challenge.
- In the Challenge Setup tab, under "When does it start?" select the date on which patrons logging should begin to count. For example, if people can register on May 25 but start counting on June 5, then the date would be June 5.
- Toggle on "Are readers allowed to preregister for this challenge?"
- If you have a registration badge, leave it as is so patrons will still receive it upon pre-registering. Note that it is not possible to delay someone receiving the registration badge and/or accompanying prize message. If you have a prize not available for pickup until after the challenge starts, we suggest adding the dates available in the prize name and description!
- Save your challenge as a draft or as staff only until you are ready for pre-registration to begin.
- When you are ready for pre-registration to begin, publish the challenge and make sure it is available to everyone (not staff only).
Note: You can also do this when you initially create your challenge and set up your badges.
PRO TIP: Update landing page to reflect this information. Leave dates as-is, so patrons know the actual dates of the program, and then update the subheader to let patrons know that they can pre-register today. After pre-registration is over, you would update this text again.