Once you have your tickets and ticket prize options set up within your challenge and that challenge is published, you can set up the ticket drawings in order to pick your winners!
- Log in to the administrative side of your site.
- Go to Challenges > Drawings and click "Create a Drawing."
- Name and describe your ticket drawing as you see fit, making sure to give each drawing a unique, easily identifiable name that includes the name of the prize, e.g., "Kindle Ticket Drawing Kids Summer 2022." Note that only administrators will see the name and/or description listed here.
- Select Ticket Drawing as the Type of Drawing.
- If you're on a library site, you can restrict the ticket drawing's qualifiers to only readers at specific branches within the Eligibility Settings' Library Branch dropdown. If your site doesn't require branch at account or challenge registration, however, some readers may not have a branch listed, and thus may not be included in the drawing if you select branches.
- Select the challenge with your ticket prizes from the Challenge dropdown. Only published challenges with ticket drawings appear here, and you can only choose one challenge per ticket drawing.
- Next, select the ticket prize option for your drawing. You can only choose one per ticket drawing.
- Edit the number of winners if you're giving away multiple prizes.
- When done, click "Save" to add the drawing and return to the Current Drawings dashboard.
- Create ticket drawings for the rest of the ticket prize options in your challenge. You can easily do so by clicking the "+" icon to duplicate your existing ticket drawing and then edit the name, the ticket prize option, and the number of winners and library branch(es) if applicable. Be sure to clearly rename each duplicated drawing!
- When it's time to select winners or to see all the qualifiers, click your ticket drawing name. All the qualifying readers are listed on the drawing page. The drawing is automatically weighted, and calculates how many tickets each person has submitted toward a specific prize internally, but does not display the number of entries per reader. If you'd like to see how many entries a specific reader has submitted, you can click the their name to view their reader profile and their ticket details.
- You can click "Edit" to change any of the drawing settings, "Determine Winners" to select the winner(s), or "Export Qualifiers" to receive an email with a spreadsheet of all qualifying readers.
- Once you run the drawing, you can click "Re-Run" to select a new slate of winners or click the "Re-Run" icon to the right of an individual winner's name to replace that specific winner.
- When you have your final winners, you can begin notifying them via email or phone number. Beanstack does not notify winners automatically, giving you time to choose the final slate of winners and set your own notification and redemption timeline. Once a winner is chosen, however, the drawing win appears on the admin-view of their reader profile for easy redemption tracking.
- Repeat these steps to pick winners for the remaining ticket drawings in your challenge.
Once again, keep in mind that Beanstack does not automatically notify drawing winners, so it's up to you to contact individual winners to let them know they've won!