First, verify that the points system is turned on for your site. Follow the instructions below to verify that points are turned on for your site:
- Login to the administrative side of your site.
- Go to Setup > Site Options > Site Settings.
- Make sure that "Allow Points" is enabled by checking the box.
Next, make sure that all of your desired log type are active on your site. Follow the instructions to review the active log types on your site:
- Go to Setup > Manage Log Types.
- Enable any log types for which you would like patrons to earn points by checking the box.
Finally, set the point values for each log type. Follow the instructions below to set point values for each log type:
- Go to Setup > Manage Points System.
First, notice which logging types are active, and which are inactive. If you want a reader to be able to log by something, it must be active. Return to the section above if you see that one of your desired log types isn't active.
- Set Activity Point Values: Activity points are the points assigned to individual activities within activity tracks. How many points should someone earn for doing an activity? This number will be your “Standard Activity” number. All activities default to this number. You may also add “Big” or “Super” point values. Even if you do not use these, keep in mind that they must have values that are greater than the standard activity. Follow the instructions below to set Activity Points:
- Select the “edit” icon for Activities.
- Update the number of points a person should earn upon completion of an activity.
- Set Logging Point Values: How many points should someone earn for logging? Follow the instructions below to set logging point values:
- Choose the active log type for which you want to reward points.
- Select the “edit” icon for this log type.
- Determine the Goal for this log type.
The goal is the required minimum number of items that must be completed to earn the reward. For example, if you read 1 book, you earn X points. Determine the Points for having achieved the goal. This is the amount of points awarded for completing the goal.
Note: The points system is site-wide, not challenge specific. Readers see points pop up as they earn them in these increments. They do not earn a badge or prize until they have reached the points goals you have set above.