First, verify that the points system is turned on for your site. Follow the instructions below to verify that points are turned on for your site:
- Log into your admin dashboard.
- Go to Setup > Site Options > Site Settings.
- Make sure that "Allow Points" is toggled to on by clicking on the box. You will know "Allow Points" is on when a green check mark appears.
Next, make sure that the log types you would like to have points are active on your site. Follow the instructions to review the active log types on your site:
- Go to Setup > Site Options > Manage Log Types.
- Turn on any log types for which you would like patrons to earn points by clicking the box. You will know a log type is active if a green check mark appears.
- You may also turn off any log types for which you would not like patrons to earn points. You will know a log type is inactive if the box is blank.
Finally, set the point values for each log type. Follow the instructions below to set point values for each log type:
- Go to Setup > Manage Points System.
First, notice which logging types are active, and which are inactive. If you want a reader to be able to log by something, it must be active. Remember you can make that happen by activating a log type using the instructions above or clicking on "View Log Types."
- Set Activity Point Values: Activity points are the points assigned to individual activities within learning tracks. How many points should someone earn for doing an activity? This number will be your “Standard Activity” number. All activities default to this number. You may also add “Big” or “Super” point values. Even if you do not use these, keep in mind that they must have values that are greater than the standard activity. Follow the instructions below to set Activity Points:
- Select the “edit” icon for Activities.
- Update the number of points a person should earn upon completion of an activity.
- Set Logging Point Values: How many points should someone earn for logging? Follow the instructions below to set logging point values:
- Choose the active log type for which you want to reward points.
- Select the “edit” icon for this log type.
- Determine the Goal for this log type.
The goal is the required minimum number of items that must be completed to earn the reward. For example, if you read 1 book, you earn __ points. Determine the Points for having achieved the goal. This is the amount of points awarded for completing the goal.
Note: The points system is site-wide, not program specific. Readers see points pop up as they earn them in these increments. They do not earn a badge or prize until they have reached the points goals you have set above.