Does your library have some patrons who use paper logs while others use Beanstack? Do you need a solution to quickly and efficiently add patrons using paper logs to your Beanstack site? Add an Offline Account is the solution for you! This feature allows you to register, log, complete a program, and redeem prizes for a patron in a few easy steps.
- If you would like to create a family account you should not use Add an Offline Account. Instead, you should create an account through People > Add an Account Creator/Reader. More information can be found in this article.
- Accounts that are created using Add an Offline Account will not be able to login on their own.
- If you would like to activate Add an Offline Account on your site, go to Setup > Site Options > Site Settings and toggle "Add Offline Reader" to on.
See the instructions below to learn how to use Add an Offline Account:
- Log into the administrative side of your site.
- Click on Quick Add in the menu on the bottom left of your dashboard navigation options
3. Enter all of the required fields for the patron indicated by a red asterisk.
4. Once those fields have been populated, a section will appear on the screen showing all of the challenges available to the reader on your site. If your library has opted for automatic enrollment and completion, these challenges will show the patron has already enrolled and completed the challenge. If any prizes are available for redemption, they will also show as already redeemed. To remove an automatic enrollment, completion, or redeemed prize, un-check the box.
5. Note that completing a challenge using Add an Offline Account does not necessarily mean a patron logged the required minutes, days, books, pages, or other log types available on your site. If you want that data captured in your Beanstack site, make sure to enter the patrons logging information under Log Reading.
6. Once you have entered all the required and desired information, click Create Account.