Does your library have some patrons who use paper logs while others use Beanstack? Do you need to quickly and efficiently add patrons using paper logs to your Beanstack site? Adding an offline account is the solution for you! This feature allows you to register, log for, complete a challenge for, and redeem prizes for a patron in a few easy steps.
- If you would like to create a family account, you should not use Add Offline Reader, as only one reader can be registered per offline account. Instead, you should create an account through People > Add an Account Creator/Reader. More information can be found in this article.
- Accounts that are created using Add Offline Reader will not be able to log in on their own.
- If you would like to activate offline readers on your site, go to Setup > Site Settings and toggle on the “Add Offline Reader” setting.
See the instructions below to learn how to use Add an Offline Account:
- Log in to the administrative side of your site.
- Navigate to People > Add Offline Reader.
- Enter all of the required fields (indicated by a red asterisk) for the patron.
- Once those fields have been populated, a section will appear on the screen showing all challenges available to the reader based on their age range. You can select to enroll in, complete, and/or redeem prizes for any of those challenges.
- Note that completing a challenge on this screen does not necessarily mean a patron logged the required minutes, days, books, pages, or other log types available on your site. If you want that data captured in your Beanstack site, make sure to enter the patron's logging information under Log Reading.
- After you have entered all the required and desired information, click Create Account.
- Once you have created the offline account, Beanstack will generate a unique username beginning with “qa_” for the account. You can search for the account using the Find A Person function at any time to log more reading, enroll them in new challenges, redeem their prizes, and complete challenges for them, just as you would any other account.