Welcome to your Beanstack admin dashboard, school media specialists and librarians! Here's a brief overview of what's available to you in the backend of your Beanstack site.
Administrative Dashboard Home Screen
On your admin dashboard's home screen, you can see reading statistics and rankings for the current week for students, classes, and staff at your school. The data is calculated and cached multiple times a day.
- Minutes and Active Readers statistics: These two statistics compile the weekly total numbers of 1) the minutes logged by students and 2) the students who logged.
- Most Active Students and Most Active Classes lists: These two tables default to show the top 10 most active students and classes of the current week, from most to least, and their minutes read. Clicking the arrow next to these list headers changes their ordering so that you can see the bottom 10 entries, from least to most. Students and classes who have not logged reading in the current week do not appear here.
- Minutes and Active Staff statistics: These two statistics tally up the weekly total numbers of 1) the minutes logged by staff and 2) the staff who logged.
- Most Active Staff list: This table shows the top 10 most active staff members of the current week, from most to least, and their minutes read. Clicking the arrow next to the header changes the view to show the bottom 10 entries, from least to most. Staff who have not logged reading in the current week do not appear here.
- Log For My Classes: Select and log reading for any class rostered to you.
- Need Help?: Access our help articles or submit a support ticket.
- View Reader Experience: Switch to the reader view of your Beanstack site to log your own reading or your classes' reading, as well as see what students experience when logging reading for themselves.
You can navigate through the different sections of your admin dashboard by using the icons on the left or the shortcuts on the right.
- Classes and Readers: In this section, you can view and log for all classes and students at your school, as well as view staff and manage reading groups. This section also houses rostering for any schools that use CSV rosters instead of a rostering integration.
- Challenges: Here you can find all of your challenge creation tools. You can create and edit challenges and reading fundraisers, set up and run drawings, modify your site's log types, and create and edit individual badges and badge groups.
- Content: In this section, you can create or edit content for your site such as book lists, as well as view and moderate submitted book reviews.
- Setup: Here you can update your landing page content (homepage) and achievement settings.
- Insights: Navigate here for an at-a-glance view of your school's data and leaderboards. You can tailor your insights experience by creating a customized dashboard.
- Reports: In this section, you can view, download, and schedule reports and statistics about your school's reading progress as spreadsheets.
- Client Success Simulator: See if your site passes our automated quality assurance checklist! Within the Client Success Simulator, you can see if there are issues surrounding your challenges, as well as view a list of best practices.
- Beanstack Basics: In this section, you'll find a collection of short "how-to" videos to deepen your Beanstack knowledge.