Community goals allow you to create a school-wide reading goal on your Beanstack site where all readers reading contribute to reaching your milestone. Our data shows that students log twice as many reading minutes when their Beanstack site has a community goal.
Check out this video or follow these simple steps to set up a community goal on your site:
- From the admin dashboard, navigate to Setup > Landing Page > Landing Page Content.
- Scroll down to Would you like to show statistics? and select Yes.
- Fill in the information for the Header, Subheader, Hashtag Header, and Hashtag. This copy appears alongside the goal on the landing page.
- Determine the log type, e.g., minutes or books, you would like to show statistics for and the goal you would like to reach. We recommend minutes—it's the most equitable log type among ages and abilities!
To date restrict the goal, click Show number of days remaining to reach the goal and select start and end dates. This will ensure that any logging before or after selected dates does not count toward the goal. Note: if you do not date restrict the goal, the data will reflect all time usage.
- Populate the Post-goal Header and Post-goal Subheader to customize language that will update when you reach your community goal.