Once your site has enabled the Epic! integration, your patrons can quickly and easily import their Epic! reading sessions into Beanstack so all their reading counts toward their Beanstack challenge milestones.
- While logged in to their Beanstack account, readers click the “Log Reading” or “Log Read and Activities” button in the upper lefthand corner of their screen.
They then select the corresponding reader(s) and the “Import from Epic!” option.
- The next screen will prompt them to select between “Sign In As Student” or “Sign In As Parent.” If the reader uses a class code to access Epic!, they will click “Sign In As Student.” If they use a username and password, they will click “Sign In As Parent.”
- Once they have successfully entered their class code or Epic! account information, it may take a few moments for the connection to establish and sync up.
- Once the credentials are accepted, the reader will then be able to pick which Epic! profiles route to which Beanstack readers. If they are using a class code, the student will find and select their name from their entire class in Epic! and route it to their Beanstack reader name. If they are using a parent/family account, they will map their Epic! name to the correct Beanstack reader name. They will do this once, and the system will remember the selection for the next time. Once they have the accurate selections picked from the dropdown boxes, they click the “Select Readers” button.
- It may take a few moments to import the specified reading sessions. Once complete, they will see the badges that the currently selected reader profile earned, if any, followed by the import statistics for each reader.