Once your site has enabled the Epic! integration, your students and teachers can quickly and easily import their Epic! reading sessions into Beanstack so all their reading counts toward their Beanstack challenge milestones.
- While logged in to their Beanstack account, students or teachers click the “Log Reading” or “Log Read and Activities” button in the upper lefthand corner of their screen.
They will select the accurate class and/or students and then click the “Import from Epic!” option.
- The next screen will prompt them to select between “Sign In As Student” or “Sign In As Parent.” If they use a class code to access Epic!, they will click “Sign In As Student.” If they use a username and password, they will click “Sign In As Parent.”
- Once they have successfully entered their class code or Epic! account information, it may take a few moments for the connection to establish and sync up.
- Once the credentials are accepted, they will then be able to pick which Epic! profiles route to which Beanstack readers. If they are using a class code, they will find and select the name(s) from the entire class in Epic! and route it to the correct Beanstack student name(s). If they are using a parent/family Epic! account, they will map their Epic! name to the correct Beanstack student name. They will only do this once, as the system will remember the selection for the next time. Once they have the accurate selections picked from the dropdown boxes, they click the “Select Readers” button.
- It may take a few moments to import the specified reading sessions. Once complete, they will see the badges that the currently selected reader profile earned, if any, followed by the import statistics for each reader.
Note: Due to data sharing limitations, Epic! reading sessions do not count toward reading list challenges.