When using the mobile app on a device with a camera, you can scan a title's ISBN to easily add it to your Beanstack reading log.
- Once logged in, tap the + icon in the bottom center of your screen, select Reading, and select the accurate reader(s) if there are multiple readers on the account.
- On the Select A Title page, tap the ISBN icon in the upper righthand corner of the app, just next to the search bar.
- You will need to grant the Beanstack app permission to use your device's camera if you have not already. Then, hold your title's ISBN barcode under the camera, lined up with the red line. Keep in mind that you should scan the book's ISBN, and not a library barcode.
- Once recognized, the book title will automatically appear on the Confirm Title screen. You can edit the book cover, title, and author, as well as enable or disable the Track Progress setting and enter the first and last page numbers for the book.
- Tap Save to confirm and add the book to your log. You can then proceed to quick complete it, log past reading, or start a reading timer.