Badge Books are reading log and activity books that go hand-in-hand with virtual reading challenges in the Beanstack web and mobile apps. The books include reading calendars, activities, and tons of stickers.
Matching Badge Book challenge templates are available for each of our Badge Books. Some books, like our STEAM, American Quilt, and Myths and Mysteries books, have two challenge templates. These templates make it easy for you to create a seamless hybrid digital-physical experience for readers, and allow your library or school to collect and use data about Badge Book use.
Badge Books work best with their companion digital challenges. The books and digital challenges reference one another, match in style, and give readers the most opportunities for engagement when combined. You can easily run the Badge Book challenges alongside any other seasonal or ongoing challenges on your site and allow readers to participate in all available challenges or only certain alternate challenges!
How to use Badge Books and their companion Badge Book challenges at your library or school
- Purchase your Badge Books.
- Set up your Badge Book challenge in your library or school’s Beanstack site.
- Find and activate your Badge Books’ matching template or templates on your site in Challenges > Challenge Templates. Searching for “Badge Book” will bring them all up!
- Customize your challenge’s settings, including age or grade and dates.
- Publish your Badge Book challenge.
How it works for readers
- Collect your Badge Book. Follow the instructions inside or the ones below to get started.
- Sign in to your Beanstack account.
- Create an account or log in to your existing account through your school or library’s unique Beanstack website. Or download the Beanstack mobile app, search for your library or school, and log in.
- Join the Badge Book challenge.
- Once logged in, you should see the Badge Book challenge as current or upcoming for your child reader(s). Just register to join the challenge!
- Keep track of your reading.
- Log when and what you read, including each book you complete and the total number of minutes and pages you read each day. As you read more, you’ll earn virtual badges that match the stickers in the Badge Book.
- Find more instructions in the front of your Badge Book.
- The badges you earn in the app may not always exactly match the stickers in the book. It depends on your library or school.
- Hitting all your challenge goals will earn you a completion sticker. What? You still have stickers left, and you want to read even more? Permission granted.
- Your Badge Book might contain some bonus just-for-fun activities that don’t unlock a sticker. Give them a go, and stretch your brain!