2022 Beanstack Summer Reading Challenge [Sponsored]: Launch Kit for Schools
To be eligible for prizes from Beanstack, you must officially register to participate in the challenge through this form by April 15, 2022. You must also set up your challenge according to the guidelines below.
The Beanstack Summer Reading Challenge runs from May 15 to July 15, 2022. You are welcome to run your challenge prior to May and longer into the summer if you choose, but only reading logged from May 15 to July 15 counts toward prizes.
Your challenge name must include “Beanstack Summer Reading.”
Set up your reading challenges with books or minutes logging badges.
The summer challenge includes 20 minutes logging badges, plus registration and completion badges. If you’d like to create your own activity badges, we have you covered with additional badge images. As always, you can customize our badges, but we recommend keeping all included badges to encourage participation and engagement!
All 2022 Beanstack Summer Reading Challenge badges are available in the “2022 Summer Reading Challenge” badge group within individual challenge setup on your Beanstack site.
We’ll activate the challenge on your site and enroll all of your students in mid-April.
- Want proven challenge tips and engagement strategies from our 2021 summer reading data? Download the 2021 Summer Reading Report. Its findings are based on data and surveys from public libraries, but are still incredibly valuable for school communities.
- Questions about how challenges work in Beanstack? Read this article.
- Need ideas on how to promote your challenge once it’s set up? Check out this post.
- Want your students to use the app? Us too! Share this mobile app postcard!
- Check this webinar on How to Have a Successful Summer.
- In this 30-minute summer prep session for media specialists and librarians, review the 2022 Summer Reading Challenge, best practices for editing the challenge, and tips for having a successful summer!
This year, Beanstack is supplying cash prizes!
- Grand Prize: $2,000 (One school or library)
- Second Place: $1,000 (One school or library)
- Third Place: $500 (One school or library)
- Honorable Mentions: $250 (20 schools or libraries)
We determine winners based on multiple factors, including:
- Active participation: Percent of those enrolled who participate and general active participation throughout the challenge (depth of participation).
- Absolute numbers: Total minutes and/or books logged in relation to total participants.
- Community sharing: We appreciate you spreading the love of reading with your school community—virtually and at school or the library! Posting about #BeanstackSummer22 and #ReadWithTheBean on social media will give you a boost!
Newsletter Blurb Template
From May 15 to July 15, [insert school name] will participate in the 2022 Summer Reading Challenge Sponsored by Beanstack. We challenge our students to read at least [insert goal] during the challenge and keep track of their reading on our Beanstack site at [yoursite.beanstack.org or insert directions for logging in at your school]. Hundreds of schools and libraries across the nation will encourage their communities to read a target number of minutes and books.
Beanstack is supplying cash prizes to top performing schools and libraries. Happy reading, [insert community name]!
Social Media and Hashtags
Please encourage the use of the hashtag #SummerReading22 and #ReadWithTheBean. Beanstack will be following these hashtags! Additionally, you are more likely to get retweets, reposts, and comments from everyone by tagging us in your posts.
Customizable Marketing Pieces
We created marketing templates that you can customize for your summer challenge, including editable social media sharing images, flyers, and bookmarks.
Once you download the files, open the zip file on your local computer to access the images. From there, you can open the PDF you would like to use with your photo software of choice. You’ll see that some fields in the images are customizable and others are not.
Not sure how to customize an editable PDF? Check out this video.
If you have additional questions, please open a ticket at beanstack.com/support.