Logging badges are the backbone of reading challenges in Beanstack. They track reading for a specific log type (minutes, books, days, or pages) and are awarded when readers reach the badge's specified goal. Follow the steps below to create or edit logging badges in a challenge.
- Edit a draft challenge and select the Badges tab.
- Make sure Logging is toggled on as an earnable badge type.
- Scroll down to the Logging Badges section and click "Create a Badge."
- Click "Choose Badge" to select a badge image from all the badges and badge groups on your site.
- Then, set your log type. Stick to onelog type per challenge, so that all your logging badges track books or minutes, but not both.
- Set your goal. Traditional, non-date restricted logging badges are cumulative, which means that each badge's goal should build on the other badge's goals, e.g., 1 book, 2 books, 5 books, etc. For more on time-restricted badges, read here.
Note: You can reward logging badges for up to 60,000 units, but we only recommend using such large goals for multi-year ongoing challenges. We generally recommend setting attainable reading goals, based on 20–30 minutes of reading a day, and adding enough badges to encourage readers at key milestones.
- Add or create a reward or certificate if you'd like to reward readers when they earn the logging badge.
- Click "Save and Add."
- Repeat for additional logging badges.