Slice of Reading: Pizza Month Challenge Launch Kit for Schools
To be eligible for prizes from Beanstack, you must officially register to participate in the challenge through this form by Sep. 15, 2022. You must also set up your challenge according to the guidelines below.
“Slice of Reading: Pizza Month Challenge” runs from Oct. 1–31, 2022. You are welcome to run your challenge prior to October and longer into the fall if you choose, but only reading logged from Oct. 1–31 counts toward prizes.
Your challenge name must include “Slice of Reading.”
The challenge includes logging badges, registration and completion badges, and activity badges. As always, you can customize our badges, but we highly recommend following these guidelines to encourage participation!
All badges are available in the “Slice of Reading” badge group within Beanstack’s challenge setup.
We’ll activate the challenge on your site and enroll all of your students in mid-September.
- Want proven challenge tips and engagement strategies from our 2021 summer reading data? Download the 2021 Summer Reading Report. Its findings are based on data and surveys from public libraries, but are still incredibly valuable for school communities.
- Questions about how challenges work in Beanstack? Read this article.
- Need ideas on how to promote your challenge once it’s set up? Check out this post.
- Want your students to use the app? Us too! Share this mobile app postcard!
The top performing school will win an epic pizza party sponsored by Beanstack!
We will determine the winner based on multiple factors, including:
- Active participation: Percent of those enrolled who participate and general active participation throughout the challenge (depth of participation).
- Absolute numbers: Total minutes and/or books logged in relation to total participants.
- Community sharing: We appreciate you spreading the love of reading with your school community—virtually and at school or the library! Posting about #SliceofReading and #NationalPizzaMonth on social media will give you a boost!
Newsletter Blurb Template
From Oct. 1 to Oct. 31, [insert school name] will participate in “Slice of Reading: Pizza Month Challenge” sponsored by Beanstack. We challenge our students to read at least [insert goal] and keep track of their reading during the challenge on our Beanstack site at [yoursite.beanstack.org or insert directions for logging in at your school]. Hundreds of schools across the nation are participating with us!
The top performing school will win an epic pizza party sponsored by Beanstack! Happy reading, [insert community name]!
Social Media and Hashtags
Please encourage the use of the hashtag #SliceofReading and #NationalPizzaMonth. Beanstack will be following these hashtags! Additionally, you are more likely to get retweets, reposts, and comments from everyone by tagging us in your posts.
Zoobean Facebook: facebook.com/zoobean
Zoobean Twitter: @zoobeanreads
Zoobean Instagram: @zoobean
Customizable Marketing Pieces
We created marketing templates that you can customize for your challenge, including editable social media sharing images, flyers, and bookmarks. Marketing materials are available in both English and Spanish.
If you have additional questions, please open a ticket at beanstack.com/support!