NASA's Artemis Project: Challenge Launch Kit
To be eligible for prizes from the Space Science Institute, you must officially register to participate in the challenge through this form by Aug. 15, 2022. You must also set up your challenge according to the guidelines below.
“NASA’s Artemis Project: To the Moon, Mars, and Beyond!” runs from Sep. 1–30, 2022. You are welcome to run your challenge prior to September and longer into the fall if you choose, but only reading and activities logged from Sep. 1–30 counts toward prizes.
Your challenge name must include “NASA’s Artemis Project”
The challenge includes 10 minutes logging badges totaling 600 minutes, registration and completion badges, and activity badges with NASA and STEM-related content. As always, you can customize our badges, but we highly recommend following these guidelines to encourage participation!
All badges are available in the “NASA’s Artemis Project” badge group within Beanstack’s challenge setup.
Challenge Template Setup:
To activate the challenge template on your site, navigate to Challenges, and click the Challenge Templates tab. Then, search for “NASA’s Artemis Project: To the Moon, Mars, and Beyond!” select “Use The Template,” and edit as needed. Be sure to remove “Copy of” from the template title before publishing!
Check out this article and tutorial video to learn more on how to use challenge templates.
- Want proven challenge design tips and engagement strategies from our 2021 summer reading data? Download the 2021 Summer Reading Report.
- Questions about how challenges work in Beanstack? Read this article.
- Need ideas on how to market your challenge once it’s set up? Check out this post.
- Want your community to use the app? Us too! Share this mobile app postcard!
The Space Science Institute will be supplying circulation backpacks with STEM-related resources as prizes!
- Grand prize: Three STEM backpacks
- Second place: Two STEM backpacks
- Third place: One STEM backpacks
We will determine winners based on multiple factors, including:
- Outreach: Number of registrants in relation to population size.
- Active participation: Percent of those enrolled who participate and general active participation throughout the challenge (depth of participation).
- Absolute numbers: Total minutes and/or books logged in relation to total population and total participants.
- Community sharing: We appreciate you spreading the love of reading with your library community—virtually and at the library! Posting about #STEAMinLIB and #BeanBlast on social media will give you a boost!
Newsletter Blurb Template
From Sep. 1 to Sep. 30, [insert library name] will participate in the “NASA’s Artemis Project: To the Moon, Mars, and Beyond!” reading challenge sponsored by the Space Science Institute. We challenge our patrons to read at least [insert goal] and keep track of their reading during the challenge on our Beanstack site at [yoursite.beanstack.org]. Hundreds of libraries across the nation will be reading and learning alongside us for a chance to win circulation backpacks of STEM-related resources from the Space Science institute.
The Space Science Institute will award circulation backpacks with STEM-related resources to top performing libraries. Happy reading, [insert community name]!
Social Media and Hashtags
Please encourage the use of the hashtag #STEAMinLIB and #BeanBlast. Beanstack will be following these hashtags! Additionally, you are more likely to get retweets, reposts, and comments from everyone by tagging these accounts in your posts.
We created marketing templates that you can use to promote your challenge, including social media sharing images, flyers, and bookmarks.
If you have additional questions, please open a ticket at beanstack.com/support.