Adding custom activity badges to your reading challenges can be a great way to promote other library resources and engage with readers of all levels and ages. Here's a list of crowdsourced activity ideas to add to activity badges in your next challenge:
Activities that promote library resources
- Learn 10 words in a new language (and link to any applicable library resources).
- Check out an audio book (and link to any applicable library resources).
- Check out an ebook (and link to any applicable library resources).
- Attend library programs and events (and link to a specific event or calendar).
- Watch a movie you checked out from the library (and link to your movie collection).
- Try a new recipe for dinner (and link to your cookbook collection).
- Research your ancestors (and link to any applicable library resources).
- Read a book by a local author (and link to your local authors collection).
- Check out a book from a genre you don't normally read.
Community exploration activities
- Visit a specific local park or garden.
- Go to a specific local museum or historical site.
- Visit a local conservation site.
- Create a community scavenger hunt, with each activity as a clue that can be completed by typing in a set secret code.
Activities to connect with a librarian
- Send a picture of you reading (and provide a social media handle or email address).
- Add your librarian as a friend in Beanstack (and share your friend code).
- Ask a librarian to recommend their favorite book and then check it out! What was it?
- Go on a backyard safari and look for signs of local wildlife.
- Learn how to identify local flora and fauna (and link to your nature collection).
Family-friendly activities to do at home
- Draw a picture.
- Try a science experiment.
- On "Family Friday," do one of the following: watch a movie, play a game, clean together, do an art project, garden together, or make dinner together.
- Create a family time capsule with drawings, letters, and meaningful objects
- Have a family movie night! What movie did you watch together?