The Beanstack mobile app allows readers to log full reading sessions, instead of individual units of reading. In the mobile app, readers are able to log books, minutes, pages, and/or days in one session, with certain log types required based on the current challenges they're enrolled in.
For instance, if a reader is enrolled in a current minutes-logging challenge and a current pages-logging challenge, they must log minutes or pages in their reading session, and can also log book completions if they choose. They will earn the minutes and pages-logging badges within those challenges as they log those reading units.
Here are some examples of what readers can log in a reading session on the mobile app:
- "Percy Jackson," pages 13 - 34, 25 minutes, on July 12
- This reading session would count 21 pages toward a pages-logging challenge, 25 minutes toward a minutes-logging challenge, and/or 1 day toward a days-logging challenge.
- "The Art of Gathering," quick-completed on Aug. 1
- This reading session would count 1 book toward a books-logging challenge and/or 1 day toward a days-logging challenge
- "Magic Treehouse #36: Sunlight on the Snow Leopard," 1 hour on Dec. 1
- This reading session would count 60 minutes toward a minutes-logging challenge and/or 1 day toward a days-logging challenge.
- Logging Without a Title: Read 50 pages, 30 minutes, and 5 books on April 5*
- This reading session would count 50 pages toward a pages-logging challenge, 30 minutes toward a days-logging challenge, and/or 5 books toward a books-logging challenge.
- Logging Without a Title: Read on May 7, 8, 13, and 15*
- This reading session would count 4 days toward a days-logging challenge.
*Note: Readers can only log multiple books on a site that has enabled "batch logging" in their site settings on the web. Readers can only log multiple days at once when not enrolled in a challenge or when participating in a days-logging challenge.